Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welcome to the Monkey House: part 1

             Before I launch into yet another post about the absurd and the frustrating in India, I just want to set the record straight: I am having a great time here and think India's an amazing, beautiful place.  It's also a lot of fun to complain about and poke fun at.  India's a bit like that friend who ends up being the butt of every joke, but you love him/her even more because of it.  I don't think that my relationship to India is unique in this way and that many of the locals feel the same way about their country as I do; I'm just more attuned to the ridiculousness because I haven't been desensitized.  Which brings me to yet another post in that vein, this time about my lab.  It's something that I've been excited to write about for a while because I have some good material, but I'm getting on an overnight bus in a few hours and want to leave with you with something before I go, which is why I've excerpted a couple of emails on the subject.  Sorry about the small font size.  Did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment